model: Raspberry Pi 1 model B+
- SoC: Broadcom BCM2835
- cpu: ARMv6 - ARM1176JZF-S @ 700 Mhz
- gpu: VideoCore IV
- memory: 512 MB
- storage: microSDHC cslot
- video outputs: HDMI + composite video (via TRRS jack)
- audio output: 3.5 mm TRRS jack (shared with composite video)
- network: 10 / 100 Mbps Ethernet (via usb)
- power: 5V via microUSB connector, 600 mA
- usb: 4 x usb 2.0
- gpio: 40 pins
Raspberry Pi and 433 MHz: Howto: Raspberry Pi GPIO 433MHz Remote Sockets (Domoticz), Super simple Raspberry Pi 433MHz home automation, Decode 433 MHz signals w/ Raspberry Pi & 433 MHz Receiver, Send & Receive 433MHz Signals For Home Automation (Pi forums), 433MHz RF Communication from a Raspberry Pi, 433MHz receiver on Raspberry Pi (Home Assistant community), rpi-rf (Python), Pilight, PiGFX, Tek4010 emulator for Pi and Linux,
2021-08-11: I re-created this page on my self-hosted web server.
2017-01-12: Bitraf - build night - I didn't find time to work on this project, too many other interesting things happening. Time well spent!
2016-10-27: Bitraf build night again. Yes, a voltage divider is needed. I got distracted for the rest of the night, so no more progress on this project.
2016-10-06: build night at Bitraf again. Researching ways to connect the 433 MHz receiver safely to the Pi. The receiver is designed for 5 V VCC. Do I need a voltage divider?
2016-09-29: serial console - I'm using a cable that looks like the Adafruit 4 pin cable (it can be), and green is RX, white is TX and black is GND on the cable. From my Fedora laptop:
[tingo@localhost ~]$ screen /dev/ttyUSB0 115200 [detached from 6674.pts-1.localhost]
2016-02-18: Bitraf build night - I tested the microSD card in the Pi B+. It took a while to resize the ufs partition on first boot, but other than that it works nicely. I only connected keyboard, power, mouse - no network, so no info from the testing.
2016-02-18: Bitraf build night. I forgot a HDMI cable, but have the rest. Downloaded a FreeBSD 10.3-beta2 image for the RPI, and wrote it to a 32 GB Kingston microSD card using my Fedora laptop.
tingo@localhost 10.3]$ sudo dd if=./FreeBSD-10.3-BETA2-arm-armv6-RPI-B.img of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=4M 120+0 records in 120+0 records out 503316480 bytes (503 MB) copied, 36.1748 s, 13.9 MB/s
wow, fast.write. disktype says:
tingo@localhost ~]$ sudo disktype /dev/mmcblk0 --- /dev/mmcblk0 Block device, size 29.32 GiB (31486640128 bytes) DOS/MBR partition map Partition 1: 16.98 MiB (17805312 bytes, 34776 sectors from 63, bootable) Type 0x0C (Win95 FAT32 (LBA)) FAT16 file system (hints score 5 of 5) Volume size 16.95 MiB (17768448 bytes, 4338 clusters of 4 KiB) Volume name "MSDOSBOOT" Partition 2: 463.0 MiB (485452800 bytes, 948150 sectors from 34839) Type 0xA5 (FreeBSD) BSD disklabel (at sector 1), 8 partitions Partition a: 462.9 MiB (485359616 bytes, 947968 sectors from 105) Type 7 (4.2BSD fast file system) UFS2 file system, 64 KiB offset, little-endian Volume name "rootfs" (in superblock) Last mounted at "/releng/10-armv6-RPI-B-release/usr/obj/usr/src/release/ufs" Partition c: 463.0 MiB (485452800 bytes, 948150 sectors from 0) Type 0 (Unused)
2016-02-13: Tried to fit the cases tonight. The pins in the bottom half are a bit big (I can't get the top on, and I can't get the Pi onto them. I used a small tool to wear off a bit of plastic, but still some pins broke, both from removing the lid, and from removing the Pi. One of the cases survived, so I used rubber bands to keep to lid on.
2016-02-11: at Bitraf build night, I printed two cases (Adrien12's Raspberry Pi case (model B+ / 2) very nice), after fixing the printer and my Cura settings (the printers have a 0.4mm hotend, not 0.3mm).