Sun SPARCstation 2
The Sun SPARCstation 2. More info about the SS2 from Obsolyte.com. Mine is actually labeled Alfaskop S30 from Nokia Data.
- cpu: cpu0 at mainbus0: cache chip bug; trap page uncached: CY7C601 @ 40 MHz, TMS390C602A FPU
- cpu0: 64K byte write-through, 32 bytes/line, hw flush: cache enabled
- memory: 64 MB - all slots on mainboard filled
- disk drive: sd0 at scsibus0 target 3 lun 0:
SCSI2 0/direct fixed
- sd0: 411 MB, 1476 cyl, 9 head, 63 sec, 512 bytes/sect x 843284 sectors
- optical drive: external scsi CD-ROM drive (the case has model 411 on the bottom), needs caddy - not tested
- other drive: floppy - fdc0 at mainbus0 ioaddr 0xf7200000 ipl 11 softpri 4: chip 82072
- fd0 at fdc0 drive 0: 1.44MB 80 cyl, 2 head, 18 sec
- graphics: cgsix0 at sbus0 slot 2 offset 0x0 level 7: SUNW,501-1481, 1152 x 900, rev 1 (console)
- cgsix0: attached to /dev/fb
- sound: audioamd0 at mainbus0 ioaddr 0xf7201000 ipl 13 softpri 4
- audio0 at audioamd0: full duplex
- network: le0 at sbus0 slot 0 offset 0xc00000 level 5: address 08:00:20:0e:c1:62
- le0: 8 receive buffers, 2 transmit buffers
Operating systems: NetBSD,
back to old computers page.
Github MrSparc/idprom-repair, GW48T02-1,
2021-07-13: I re-created this page on my self-hosted web server.
2009-06-16: the machine only have an AUI connector, and needs a transceiver. Luckily I had one. Media support looks like this:
root@sparc2# ifconfig -m le0 le0: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,NOTRAILERS,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 address: 08:00:20:0e:c1:62 media: Ethernet 10base5 status: active supported Ethernet media: media 10base5
2009-06-16: I booted this old workstation.OpenBoot says:
SPARCstation 2, Type 4 Keyboard ROM Rev. 2.2, 64 MB memory installed, Serial #967010. Ethernet address 08:00:20:0e:c1:62, Host ID 550ec162.
Note: this is after fixing the NVRAM / IDPROM (via archive.org), the battery is probably dead.