Apple iBook G4
Apple iBook G4 14.1 inch
- Model: A1134
- Machine number: PowerBook6,7
- cpu: PowerPC G4 (1.5) @ 1.42 GHz
- memory: 1.5 GB - 512 MB (on board), 1 x PC2700 DDR SDRAM SO-DIMM
- hard drive: 60 GB, EIDE, ATA/100, 4200 rpm, Toshiba MK6025GAS
- optical drive: 4x SuperDrive - Matshita DVD-R UJ-845E, firmware: DMP2
- display: 14.1 inch, matte, SVGA (1024x768)
- graphics: ATI Mobility Radeon 9550 (32 MB)
- network - wired: 10/100 Mbps
- network - wireless: 54 Mbps (b/g) AirPort Extreme
- bluetooth: 2.0
- usb: 2.0, 2 ports
- firewire: 1 x FW400 port
- boot-ROM version: 4.9.3f0
os testing on this machine: FreeBSD, OS X, Ubuntu,
back to machines page.
Booting a vintage iBook G4 from a USB flash drive, Booting your iBook G4 from a USB stick,
History / work log
2021-08-25: I re-created this page on my self-hosted web server.
2012-07-19: memory upgrade: I bought one 1GB SO-DIMM PC2700 (NOK 325.- from Digital Impuls, varenr. 115554) and installed in the machine. Installation was easy: after taking out the battery, just unclip the keyboard (two clips on top) and turn it over (carefully, don't damage the keyboard cable), unscrew the cover (four small screws) insert the SO-DIMM, replace everything and you're set. The machine now has 1.5 GB memory. Battery: the battery is dead - the machine refuse to power up unless the power adapter is plugged in.
2012-07-18: according to EveryMac.com this is the A1134 Mid-2005 model. It takes one single SO-DIMM of PC2700 DDR SDRAM.
2011-10-25: I bought this machine for NOK 800.- The machine came with a power adapter, but without install media.